CHPA has launched a new Learning Management System to make more programming available than ever before with ease. CHPA Academy is here to help members find connections and solutions, and features e-learning opportunities covering hot topics from the convenience of your computer or mobile device. Be sure to bookmark CHPA Academy and check back often for upcoming webinars and courses.
To deliver convenient, high-quality industry education using a variety of media that will help CHPA members solve their toughest issues with optimal efficiency.
CHPA Academy topics include but are not limited to:
- Regulatory Affairs
- Government Affairs
- Supply Chain
- Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion
- Executive Leadership
- Women in Consumer Healthcare
Interested in hosting a webinar with the CHPA Academy? Learn more here.
OTC 101 is now Consumer Healthcare 101
Are you brand new to the Consumer Healthcare Industry and want to understand how the industry works? An industry professional looking for a refresher on the basics of Consumer Healthcare? A service provider who wants to better understand the Consumer Healthcare industry to effectively work with your clients?
CHPA’s Consumer Healthcare 101 will equip you with the facts and tools you need to better understand the Consumer Healthcare industry in order to succeed. Whether you are brand new to the industry or interested in going “back to basics”, this virtual self-paced course will cover:
- The State of the Industry: Commercial Update 2020
- FDA Oversight of Nonprescription Drug Products
- OTC Drug Labeling Regulations
- OTC Monograph Reform Update
- Rx-to-OTC Switch
- Advertising 101
- Medical Devices
- Cosmetics & Dietary Supplements
- Manufacturing Quality Products
Our Expert Speakers
- Jennifer Ahearn, Senior Managing Consultant Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices, Esi
- Doug Bierer, Ph.D., President, Douglas Bierer Consulting, LLC
- Lisa Buono, Principal, Health Care Practice, IRI
- Edwin Hemwall, Ph.D., Principal, Edwin Hemwall LLC
- Marcia D. Howard, Ph.D., Vice President, Regulatory & Scientific Affairs, CHPA
- Barbara A Kochanowski, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Regulatory & Scientific Affairs, CHPA
- Raqiyyah Pippins, Esq., Counsel, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP
- John Punzi, Ph.D., Senior Director QA, and Technical Affairs, CHPA
- Jay Sirois, Ph.D., Senior Director, Regulatory & Scientific Affairs, CHPA
- David Spangler, Senior Vice President, Legal, Government Affairs & Policy, CHPA
- John Troup, Ph.D., Vice President, Scientific Affairs and Dietary Supplements, CHPA
Who should attend?
This virtual self-paced course is open to all CHPA members and non-members. Both entry-level and seasoned professionals are invited to attend from all industry job functions, including Business Development, Communications, Government, Legal, Marketing/Sales, Operations, Public Affairs, Quality, Regulatory, R&D, and Scientific.
$450.00 - Member Rate
$995.00 - Non-member Rate
Cancellation and Refund Policy
CHPA will fully refund program registration fees in full of notification submitted to CHPA via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. All registration cancellations and refund requests must be made in writing prior to starting any online course. Refunds cannot be approved for started courses, no-shows, or expired online courses. Substitutions are gladly accepted prior to the start of any online course.
Understand the Consumer Healthcare Industry
New Upcoming Webinars
Advancing the Retailer Quality Experience - How cGMP Certification for Dietary Supplements will make the difference
July 20, 2021, at 2:00 pm EST
Certification of cGMP for dietary supplements has become a must-needed advantage in navigating product placement at retail. With growing numbers of retailers requiring quality assurance of company products, the certification process will help facilitate and ensure that all requirements are in place for product acceptance. NSF International has an approved certified standard and process now in place for dietary supplements that will help ensure that cGMP requirements are fully met. Understanding the requirements, processes, and completing certification processes is an important part of selling products across all distribution channels. Learn how NSF International leads the way in certification and how you can enroll your company and facilities.
- Learn the specific requirements defining cGMP.
- Understand the cGMP certification standards and processes and how your company can become certified.
- Develop the tools required for ease of providing retailer requirements and documentation to get your products and brand on 'shelf'.
Fake Medicine: 6 Must-Know Trends Here to Stay in 2021 and Beyond
July 22, 2021, at 2:00 pm EST
Healthcare companies are losing billions of dollars each year because their intellectual property (IP) is being copied and sold without their consent. This poses a growing risk for healthcare manufacturers and consumers alike. In this webinar, Red Points will unveil data from 2,000+ U.S consumers detailing existing and new online consumer behaviors towards OTC medicines. The findings will provide valuable insights for healthcare manufacturers to effectively address the rise of fake medicine online.
- New consumer healthcare online behavior every healthcare manufacturers should be aware of.
- How healthcare manufacturers can effectively protect their trademarks to counter the rise of fake medicine online.
- Best practices for establishing an efficient and proactive policing & enforcement brand protection program.
In an effort to incorporate real solutions to real questions, we're asking that CHPA manufacturers share their experience with counterfeit products and some of the costs to their company both financial and reputational, and how they responded. Submit questions to email@example.com by July 21st. Please note that all responses will be strictly confidential.
This webinar is sponsored by:
Targeting Personalized Microbes
August 26, 2021, at 2:00 pm EST
This webinar will focus on the function of the microbiome, its components and how they are regulated, and finally how science is looking to modulate our microbes for health benefits in the future.
- An understanding of the function of our microbiome.
- An understanding of what the microbiome is and how probiotics can fit in.
- Where science is leading probiotic and microbiome development.
Sincere thanks to the following CHPA Associate members for supporting the platform launch as Founding Education Partners (FEP):