The Consumer Healthcare Products Association (CHPA) will hold its 2021 Regulatory, Scientific & Quality (RSQ) Conference virtually Thursday, September 9, through Friday, September 10.
CHPA’s annual event brings together an array of highly respected experts to discuss timely regulatory, scientific, legal, and product quality topics affecting the consumer healthcare products industry. After a year of unprecedented change in healthcare, this year’s program will explore the evolving self-care landscape, including changes that are here to stay and those that lie ahead.
Using a dynamic virtual platform, attendees will hear distinguished speakers from the public and private sectors. The 2021 agenda will offer a range of key regulatory, scientific, and product quality sessions over the course of two days.
This year’s virtual RSQ will feature an impressive line-up of speakers from FDA – including the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition (CFSAN), and Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH), including:
- Janet Woodcock, M.D., Acting Commissioner, FDA will provide remarks on FDA priorities with an emphasis on self-care.
- Cara Welch, Ph.D., Acting Director, Office of Dietary Supplement Programs, CFSAN, FDA and Jonette R. Foy, Ph.D., Deputy Office Director, Office of Policy, CDRH, FDA, will update participants on CFSAN and CDRH staffing, key accomplishments and challenges, and top priorities in the coming year for dietary supplements and medical devices, respectively.
Attendees can participate in more than a dozen breakout sessions, featuring 30+ speakers on the latest in regulatory, scientific, and product quality topics in consumer healthcare as well as more than 15 on-demand sessions.
Agenda highlights include:
FDA/USP Leadership Panel Discussion - Theresa Michele, M.D., Director, Office of Nonprescription Drugs, Office of New Drugs, CDER, FDA, Donald D. Ashley, J.D., Director, Office of Compliance, CDER, FDA, and Jaap Venema, Ph.D., Executive Vice President & Chief Science Officer, The United States Pharmacopeial Convention, Inc
- The Consumerization of Health Care - John Whyte, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, WebMD
- DSHEA 2.0 - Liz Richardson, Project Director, Pew Charitable Trusts; Diane McEnroe, J.D., Partner, Sidley Austin, LLP
- CBD – Regulatory, Legislative, and Scientific Insights - Duffy MacKay, N.D., Senior Vice President, Scientific & Regulatory Affairs, CV Sciences, Inc.; Pete Meachum, Senior Director Government Affairs, Chronos Group; Rend Al-Mondhiry, J.D., Partner, Amin Talati Wasserman
- Considerations for the Future of Rx-to-OTC Switches - Bernie Simone, Vice President of Client Strategy and Rx-to-OTC Switch, Pinney Associates; Clark Richardson, MPH, President & CEO, PEGUS Research, Inc.; Mary Alice Lawless, Founder and Chief Client Officer, Biograph Inc.; Francis E. Becker, M.D., FACP, Director, Division of Nonprescription Drugs II, Office of Nonprescription Drugs, FDA
- Innovation Opportunities in Consumer Self-Care - Sonja Fulmer, Ph.D., Assistant Director for Digital Health Policy, CDRH, FDA, Jenna Phillips, MSc., Principal Consultant, PA Consulting
- Impurities - David Light, Founder and CEO, Valisure; Amy L. Roe, Principal Scientist, The Procter & Gamble Company; Antonio Hernandez-Cardoso, Principal Scientist, USP
Additional breakout sessions include:
Dietary Supplement Sessions:
- Probiotics in 2021 - Science, Regulation and Marketplace
- Safety Standards for Dietary Ingredients
- Dietary Supplements Retailer Quality Programs
- Advancing Product Quality
- Improving Environmental Sustainability in Our Business
- Remote Quality Evaluations
- Maximizing Your FDA Project Manager/Sponsor Interactions
- “Can We Say That?”...Lessons in Advertising During COVID-19
- The "Why" & "How" Behind Selecting an OTC Drug Product Name
Watch a video by RSQ 2021 program chair, Julia Kim, Head Regulatory Health North America, Reckitt. A full list of speakers and an agenda can be found by clicking the program tab here.