Ivan D. Combe Award Criteria
The Ivan D. Combe Lifetime Achievement Award is CHPA’s highest honor and aims to recognize a transformational leader whose legacy has inspired their peers, employees, and the broader consumer healthcare community. This award is bestowed upon a crusader within our industry, who has made significant contributions in the realms of Business Excellence, Commitment to the Association and Industry, and Giving Back to their Community.
- Nominee has worked on behalf of industry in advancing consumer healthcare and improving self-care.
- Evidence of leadership through service in industry activities, such as participation on boards, committees, and/or task groups as well as advocacy on behalf of the industry.
- Exemplary character, confidence, and integrity.
- Attitude and actions that inspire others to achieve excellence.
- A mentor and role model to rising industry professionals.
- Demonstrates reliability, dedication, and innovation.
- Proven expertise in nominee’s field.
- Business excellence
Outstanding Service to the Consumer Healthcare Industry/Community
- Created or implemented innovative programs that advanced and supported CHPA member interests, resolved an industry challenge and/or enhanced the effectiveness and reputation of the industry.
- Community service outside of professional life that exemplifies “giving back” and improving the community. Examples may include mentoring young people, involvement in health projects, or other charitable initiatives.
- Projects and/or actions demonstrating ethical conduct in the profession.